Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Line supplier of dog training equipment??

Options
  • 04-02-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Does anyone know some good online suppliers for dog training equipment

Specifically I am looking for an acme 212 whistle, a few 1lb dummies and a few water dummies.

All input greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

here you go Veg.

These are in allenwood; Co. Kildare

http://www.galliel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thanks stevo, its for a 16 month old Lab from field trial stock, while he'll never be a field trial champ he will make an excellent buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

best of luck with it. the labs are a beauty of a dog. real intelligent. Im no expert but if you keep spending your time teaching the pup good manners, everything else will come natural.

thats the rule im sticking at with my llewellin. she sets and hunts naturally so why try fight it, its in her nature. once i can have good manners on her and get her to drop, come to call and retreive i'l be very happy (thats where the real challenge is iv dscovered!)

back to your dog though, they have some good stuff in that shop if you go in personally. you'l manage to haggle a good deal too. best of luck. stick a pic up or pm one of the pup on to me sometime, id love to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

If you saw him you wouldn't call him a pup, he's a monster, weighs more than me I'd say. I'll try and get a pic up though.

He's mostly trained already, he's amazingly obedient but his former owner/trainer is a top bloke so I expected no less.

I just need the gear to keep the dog sharp and get him used to me issuing him the commands rather than his previous owner

I am hoping to build a house in the next 2 years so I will try and train one of this fellas offspring if I can when my house is built.

He's doing it all really, blind retreives, memory retrieves, hand signals etc etc etc but he needs work on the hand signals as he is a very strong willed dog. Sometimes if the dog wants to go left and you want him to go back it will take a good few attempts so he needs a little work there.

His owner has some amazing dogs that money wouldn't buy and are a tribute to him, he has a golden lab who is just a beautiful intelligent dog and very very well trained. The owner was able to control the dog from over 2 fieds away with whistle and hand signals. I had to pick my jaw off the floor so many times on Sunday when he was teaching us (brother and I) to control our new fella.

As I said I will try and get a pic or two up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 happyout

Here are some more Irish sites with dog training stuff that may be a help www.innotekcollars.ie or www.LRActive.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

happyout wrote: »
    Here are some more Irish sites with dog training stuff that may be a help www.innotekcollars.ie or www.LRActive.com

No offence ...but a remote control zapping collar is not training equipment but torture equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ayala corp

I understand what you mean peasant, i used to think that way also however I had this lab that kept escaping and eventually our newly bought puppy started following him as he got older.
    unfortunately when I seen my dog pasted to the main road and a hole in my fence that he dug, which he obviously escaped from i couldnt let my second dog follow suit so i bought an electric coller dog fence and my god it is amazing
    my dog doesnt even attempt to leave the garden without my permission

so are you saying thats torture giving my dog the only choice i have available for him besides being pasted on the road by some 2 ton truck wheel.

the fence was a great solution that saved me a good bit of time and money considering my work schedule.

ohh and vegeta that stevowomens right galliel is a pretty good place the people there gave me free glowsticks ha ha

hmm ive been to lr active i bought a pair of there boots x3m1 i think anways the bloody things fell apart in two weeks and they wouldnt replace it for me

i wish you the best of luck with your lab there vegata he sounds like a quick learner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ayala corp

ohh and try not to make the lab too comfy around humans cos when your house is built nothing beats the alarm of a good dogs voice really great for alerting you to people outside dogs so they double up as your pet and they could save your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Boris25

ayala corp wrote: »
    I understand what you mean peasant, i used to think that way also however I had this lab that kept escaping and eventually our newly bought puppy started following him as he got older.
    unfortunately when I seen my dog pasted to the main road and a hole in my fence that he dug, which he obviously escaped from i couldnt let my second dog follow suit so i bought an electric coller dog fence and my god it is amazing
    my dog doesnt even attempt to leave the garden without my permission

so are you saying thats torture giving my dog the only choice i have available for him besides being pasted on the road by some 2 ton truck wheel.

the fence was a great solution that saved me a good bit of time and money considering my work schedule.

ohh and vegeta that stevowomens right galliel is a pretty good place the people there gave me free glowsticks ha ha

hmm ive been to lr active i bought a pair of there boots x3m1 i think anways the bloody things fell apart in two weeks and they wouldnt replace it for me

i wish you the best of luck with your lab there vegata he sounds like a quick learner

Had you considered the option of just getting a better fence round your garden? Time, money and work schedule should not come into it when the alternative is your dog being run over!!

Sorry but I find the option of a shock collar being used in the dogs own garden where he or she should be able to play and feel happy and safe rather than a properly fenced in area completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Boris25

ayala corp wrote: »
    ohh and try not to make the lab too comfy around humans cos when your house is built nothing beats the alarm of a good dogs voice really great for alerting you to people outside dogs so they double up as your pet and they could save your life

Ever thought of a burglar alarm. It would be much more preferable than the miserable life a dog that is not comfy around humans would have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement