Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com 2GB SD Card EUR 10.99 Free Delivery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They don't deliver electronics to Ireland. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Ruu wrote: »
    They don't deliver electronics to Ireland. :/

Sorry Ruu.

Overlooked that.
    I use a Northern Ireland address for such purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

If you use an NI address you can of course pay sterling £6.99, or roughly €9.50, I don't see why they put a euro price on the electronics at all...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Play.com can go to hell.
    Nowadays it's .75p to €1. Do play.com take the exchange rate into account?
    Do they bollocks.
    An item costing £14.99 should cost 20 euro. It costs €23.49. They pull €3.49 out of their ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,663 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Aldi still have them for 16.99

• Advertisement

Cheapest 2gb SD I can see is £8 (roughly €10.70) http://mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=SD2GB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I always thought that when it came to cheap memory, 7dayshop was the only place to consider.

Free shipping and a huge range of 2GB starting from £4.99

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

7day don't have free shipping to Ireland anymore

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't remember them ever having free shipping to Ireland (7dayshop), in any case it is £7.95 per order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

tried ordering a memory card from play as well, surprised that something that small, comes under electronic items, think amazon is the same, had a look through their small print and they wouldn't delever a memory card here either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

slave1 wrote: »
    7day don't have free shipping to Ireland anymore

B@stards!

When did they bring that in? Suppose they're only cheap now if you're buying in bulk.
    Ruu wrote: »
    I don't remember them ever having free shipping to Ireland (7dayshop), in any case it is £7.95 per order now.

I've bought off them a few times before and I'm sure it was free (or perhaps very cheap/negligible). £7.95 is a ridiculous amount when buying just 1 cheap item (which is what I used to use them for).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

7dayshop used to charge £3.95 per order, but upped it to £7.95 per order last year. It was never free. I think most Boardsies, myself included, have stopped using them since they upped the charge.

Zaph wrote: »
    7dayshop used to charge £3.95 per order, but upped it to £7.95 per order last year. It was never free. I think most Boardsies, myself included, have stopped using them since they upped the charge.

Yeah, I used to buy from them every so often but now I don't even look at the website. I remember the no good shill that was on the thread about the postage increase, that turned me off them too. Although all that aside I found them good to deal with and never had a problem, I just won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It's a pity they've increased their postage to Ireland. They dropped it back to £3.95 as a special offer over Christmas, but that just shows the increase wasn't necessary in the first place. I still order from them, but only 8 or more items at a time so as to justify the charge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1194275

Only a decent price if you can collect off them.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/Sandisk-2gb-SD-cards-pack-of-2/SDSDB2-2048-E11/product.htm

Works out at £16.98 inc postage to Rep of Ireland, so less than €23 for 2x 2gb SD cards.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    http://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/Sandisk-2gb-SD-cards-pack-of-2/SDSDB2-2048-E11/product.htm

Works out at £16.98 inc postage to Rep of Ireland, so less than €23 for 2x 2gb SD cards.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/SanDisk/2GB/SD/Card/(Secure/Digital)/-/TWIN/PACK

Same item, and for some reason when you buy it (alone) you're not charged the usual £5.95 postage, it's £14.99 delivered. :D Someone posted it here over christmas.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thats good value ok. Always found there p+p to be a bit on the high side in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Rashers72 wrote: »

Does anyone know if they come with memory stick?
    Will it fit my Nokia E50?
    Will it work for a r4ds card?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Will it work for a r4ds card?
    SD cards do not fit into a R4, MicroSD only.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

slave1 wrote: »
    SD cards do not fit into a R4, MicroSD only.....

oh right, thanks for that, but it should be fine in my E50?

According to O2 the "SanDisk micro SD Multi Kit 2G" fits my phone so im guessing the ALDI sd one doesnt? Bummer.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Aren't SD cards in this price range, painfully slow?

Murtinho wrote: »
    oh right, thanks for that, but it should be fine in my E50?

According to O2 the "SanDisk micro SD Multi Kit 2G" fits my phone so im guessing the ALDI sd one doesnt? Bummer.

It doesn't fit you phone either, it takes a micro SD also...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Rashers72 wrote: »

That's cheap, but not really a good deal when you can get one for €10.70 including delivery from MX2, that's €6.29 less. Although the Aldi one is the high speed version.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

4GB Transcend SDHC Cards for €13.31 in Elara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Play.com get their great prices by being located in Jersey. Not having to charge VAT makes prices a whole lot more interesting.

Memory like everything has high quality and low quality, you can compare Scandisk SD cards to the cheap ones. Considering the price of SD cards I would always pay a bit more to know that the data is safer and can transfer faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

thehut.com do a 2GB kingston micro sd with 2 adapters for £5 plus £1 delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

Thanks to lindtee for this one:

10% off everything-The Hut

Enter BANKHOL10 into the discount code box.

- that makes it £4.50 + £1 p + p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Mossy wrote: »
    Thanks to lindtee for this one:

10% off everything-The Hut

Enter BANKHOL10 into the discount code box.

http://www.thehut.com/hut/8522802.product

- that makes it £4.50 + £1 p + p

Postage & Packing is free! The above link is to the 6 feet under box set-Try this for Memory offers-

http://www.thehut.com/hut/memory.dept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

http://www.shop4memory.com/products/secure-digital.asp

2GB SD card for €13, free delivery. Shop4Memory are based in Kildare and provide free shipping to the UK and Ireland.

Advertisement