Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 250W or Tomtom Europe

Options
  • 02-02-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

Looking at buying a sat nav under €300. Like the look of the Nuvi 250W
    (€283 + carry case from mysatnav. ) but I see from some posts that the Tomtom is more user friendly. Don't know which way to jump. Any advice appreciated. Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have the TT and find it easy to use. When I tested both I thought the garmin was not as easy to navigate. The maps supposed to be better for Ireland on the garmin.

Not sure if you want Itinerary planning but the TT V3 doesn't do it. I find it extremely helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Renault man

Hi Lex,

Thanks for your help. Is the Tomtom mapping teleatlas or navteq?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Is the Tomtom mapping teleatlas or navteq?

Teleatlas unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi Lex,

Thanks for your help. Is the Tomtom mapping teleatlas or navteq?

ya Teleatlas....its not the worst, have found in Cork some back roads missing but in general is good. UK mapping & North is superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mrliffey

Looking at buying a sat nav under €300. Like the look of the Nuvi 250W
    (€283 + carry case from mysatnav. ) QUOTE]

Looks like the same Nuvi 250 is available on Pixmania for 173 euros. I think they charge around 13 quid for delivery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mrliffey

Advertisement