Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nuvi 350 Vs ViaMichelin 360.

Options
  • 02-02-2008 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was looking to buy my first GPS and came across these 2 models, actually the 370 looks interesting as well.

I am not too bothered about the Bluetooth thing. I am just looking for good map for Europe and nice size, not too big, for not a lot of money.

Which are your thoughts on those 3 models? Any experience with any of them?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Stick with Garmin, or Tomtom.. Better chance of getting mapping upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Galego wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was looking to buy my first GPS and came across these 2 models, actually the 970T looks interesting as well.

I am not too bothered about the Bluetooth thing. I am just looking for good map for Europe and nice size, not too big, for not a lot of money.

Which are your thoughts on those 3 models? Any experience with any of them?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I meant to say 970T on my previous post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Stick with Garmin, or Tomtom.. Better chance of getting mapping upgrades.

Thanks for the advice. At last I went for the Garmin 350.

Btw, ViaMichelin announced a couple of weeks ago that is quitting the GPS business and will stop production within this month.

I believe they have been bought by other GPS brand to use their brand name.......so I am so happy I did not go for a ViaMichelin at the end :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think you chose well. A GPS receiver is one of those rare electronic components that you can actually use for a number of years, without becoming immediately obsolete, so the availability of map upgrades is quite important.. I've been using my Garmin Quest for five years, and have only recently upgraded to a new GPS receiver (but will continue to use my Quest).

I would have concerns about getting updates for ViaMichelin, Medion, Sony, Pioneer, etc. Sure, you may be able to get the next map upgrade, but the year after that? Who knows. Particularly in the turbulent mapping market.

Advertisement