Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Need Advice on new system

Options
  • 01-02-2008 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi. I have just bought a new 37 " lcd TV and ordered sky+. The TV has the following connectors.

1 x video composite
    1 x S-Video
    1 x video component
    2 x HDMi
    2 x Scart connections
    PC input

I was thinking of buying the Sony DAV DZ230 which has the following connectors. Manual at http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2895965131.pdf

1 audio input
    1 mini-jack input (frontal)
    Digital Media port
    1 HDMi video output
    1 headphones jack
    1 SCART connector

As i am new to Home entertainement systems will it be possible for me to connect this up with hdmi between dvd player and tv and scart from sky box to DVD or how do i set this up so sky tv sound is played through the speakers.

thanks for the help.

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Hi I'm afraid the only way to deliver sound from the Sky Box to the Sony system, is by purchasing a twin phono-to-3.5mm-jack cable. That's assuming the Sky Box HAS a phono-out on the back (phono connections are round ports).

If it doesn't, then you'd need to buy a SCART-to-twin-phono female cord, and then a twin male phono to 3.5mm jack. Then you'd hook the Scart into SCART connector 2 on your TV, and instruct the TV to output sound through this connection (can be done on 99 percent of TVs), connect the females to males, and hook the 3.5 into the front of the sound system.

Why oh why do Sony insist on leaving out simple phono inputs these days?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

All the latest sky + boxes have an optical out , so if your sky+ box is new then it has this facility ,

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/skyfaq.html#surround

So , I strongly recommend you reconsider that surround system , and instead buy one that has at least one digital optical input. There are plenty of them out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peterdaly55

Thanks for the advice. I've decied to go with the following which hs an optical input.

Panasonic SC-PT550 Home Cinema HDMI 1000W

Thank you

Advertisement