Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Setanta Online

Options
  • 01-02-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is Eircom's Setanta online thing any good?
    Where can you find the schedule?

Cheers,
    Keith

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is Eircom's Setanta online thing any good?
    Where can you find the schedule?

Cheers,
    Keith

The daily schedule is immediately below the video player, with a button for the weekly schedule on the top right of the daily schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Tried it here from work - just the schedule - does not work - maybe I need to be on an Eircom connection?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tried it here from work - just the schedule - does not work - maybe I need to be on an Eircom connection?

It's restricted by IP addresses to Eircom ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

Spear wrote: »
    It's restricted by IP addresses to Eircom ranges.

And restrict it yet again to non business accounts too

Tried it on Eircom connection - all I am getting is:

Sorry, the service you are trying to view is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

• Advertisement

Tried it on Eircom connection - all I am getting is:

Sorry, the service you are trying to view is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

A home Eircom connection?

Only eircom customers connecting through the following Broadband packages are eligible to view Setanta Sports events on the Always on for Sport service - broadband time, broadband home starter, broadband home plus and broadband home professional.

Otherwise the page and streaming is definitely up.

Yeah 2mb - home professional
    A home Eircom connection?

Otherwise the page and streaming is definitely up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

im on business account and its not working

im on business account and its not working

Well, no, it's not meant to. It's for the home packages.

Well, no, it's not meant to. It's for the home packages.

sorry i mis-interpreted, im on home professional 3meg but when i ring technical support i have to select business, why cant i watch the bloody match!!!:(

• Advertisement

sorry i mis-interpreted, im on home professional 3meg but when i ring technical support i have to select business, why cant i watch the bloody match!!!:(

Is there any error message? Does the Media Player window show at all?

im getting this error

im getting this error

Then you never get as far as the page with the Media Player window? Can you access the video archives?

no i cant access the archives

no i cant access the archives

Then I'm afraid you'll have to raise this with Eircom support as to why you can't get to the pages. I can only help with the video streaming part, which is no good to you if you can't get there.

right thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

I have never been able to watch setanta on eircom - always get the error below and eircom support are no help whatsoever:

Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

Unable to play video file.

Error code: -1072885353
    Error description: Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I've never been able to get it to work either, so I just gave up on it.

Either of you using Norton Internet Security or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Only works for me every now and again and normally it doesnt work for any live soccer or rugby. For the fulham and liverpool game, i got some message about going to soccer republic.

For the magners league i got an image of a refs watch with a title, now showing.

Its a joke of a service!!

• Advertisement

glineli wrote: »
    Only works for me every now and again and normally it doesnt work for any live soccer or rugby. For the fulham and liverpool game, i got some message about going to soccer republic.

For the magners league i got an image of a refs watch with a title, now showing.

Its a joke of a service!!

That's the holding graphic for when something can't be shown, usually for legal reasons. The Magners league doesn't start till 1pm.

That's the holding graphic for when something can't be shown, usually for legal reasons. The Magners league doesn't start till 1pm.

This was on saturday, after the fulham game, around 6ish.

this soccer republic thing is a joke aswell, do you need to logon there to watch matches?

glineli wrote: »
    This was on saturday, after the fulham game, around 6ish.

this soccer republic thing is a joke aswell, do you need to logon there to watch matches?

No, soccer republic doesn't need a login to watch, only for the chatbox thingy.

No, soccer republic doesn't need a login to watch, only for the chatbox thingy.

Thanks Spear

I will try again next weekend.

Advertisement