Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grave matters

Options
  • 01-02-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Now we've had some losses here on Boards, if I'm not mistaken, and there have been instances of a user passing away, and it's all rather unfortunate and all the rest.

But have we had any casualties? I was just wondering after reading the 'You know you post on Boards too much when...' whether or not anyone has actually lost their job due to boards? Or developed a serious addiction that has affected them IRL in some way.

Personlly, I would get some lulz from someone who lost their job because of this little place! Anyone gonna give 'em to me? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

I have to hand in my time sheet for January at the end of today. This is a real detailed breakdown of "billable" hours. However if I'm honest I've fcuk all to put on it so I'm gonna have to make things up.

It's already a day late and because I've been on this bloody thing thing all day I haven't really started it.

Will be definitely getting a verbal for this but I've thought this through and I'm going to come straight back with having stress related "personal problems".

Haha screw you management!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Oh dear... once you start making excuses you start to believe them yourself, but worse than that, it's a slippery slope, you'll find yourself thinking of the excuses in advance of the week of work you plan on not doing, rather than afterwards when you're in a pickle!

Advertisement