Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Just how casual-friendly is Eve Online?

Options
  • 01-02-2008 5:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I've played around with free trials before, and I'm thinking about taking the plunge and subscribing because the depth of character/ship development impressed me greatly.

So eh, right now I have a hyperactive two year old and I work long hours. Will Eve work for me at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

sure you might not be able to afford spendy Hac's or commandships easly but dont see why you can't play a few hours a week and not manage to achive some things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

In some ways it will work stunningly for you as your character continues to train up while you are not logged in, so as long as you can spare 2-3minutes to log in and switch to a new skill/skill level when your current one finishes you'll find that you will slowly advance.

Earning isk will still be a problem though if you can't put in the hours, and as the skillbooks (to allow you to learn a skill) cost isk this may slow you somewhat but as long as you are willing to be patient and don't have the ambition of being among the game's uber-rich any time soon it shouldn't be too bad a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

I'd agree with the previous posters, EVE is probably the best game for folks with limited time. Logon a few times a week to change your skills, run a few missions to raise isk (money) and try not to lose resources like ships.

Join a corp, it's always nice to have help, but steer clear of the warmongerers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

BTW if you take stuff from a can that isnt yours, the person that owns the can is able to shoot you. Just a heads up. I'm surprised farohar here didn't tell you, he seems to feel very strongly about this : |

Join Irish channel or PM 'Gneeznow' and ask him for some starter isk, he is quite the philanthropist and often gives sizeable chucks of his isk to new players. Don't be put off is he tells you to **** off the first time, it's more then likely a test to see how serious you are about eve, just keep PM'in him and he will pay you.

Good luck in Eve o7.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

It is possible to spend your entire eve existance as a weekend warrior type.. But don't be surprised if you log in some day.. and your alliance is homeless and all your ****s stuck in a station you can no longer dock in etc :P

Ideally you need to be spending one or two hours a day.. to get any good out of this game at least in the long run.. you can only fly so many tech 1 frigs and cruisers before you go insane :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

kyp_durron wrote: »
    BTW if you take stuff from a can that isnt yours, the person that owns the can is able to shoot you. Just a heads up. I'm surprised farohar here didn't tell you, he seems to feel very strongly about this : |

Join Irish channel or PM 'Gneeznow' and ask him for some starter isk, he is quite the philanthropist and often gives sizeable chucks of his isk to new players. Don't be put off is he tells you to **** off the first time, it's more then likely a test to see how serious you are about eve, just keep PM'in him and he will pay you.

Good luck in Eve o7.

I'm against twinking complete newbies as (hey, me!) as it ruins their first experience with the game, and throws a spanner in the learning curve.

Give me a few weeks though. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I'm IG as Qarash. Feel free to shower advice upon me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

mamolian wrote: »
    But don't be surprised if you log in some day.. and your alliance is homeless and all your ****s stuck in a station you can no longer dock in etc :P

...and seeing your thanatos reduced to a flaming wreck in space...

That'll never get old :p

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Zillah wrote: »
    ...and seeing your thanatos reduced to a flaming wreck in space...

That'll never get old :p

Shut up foo :mad:

I diddn't want that thanatos anyway. :(

Advertisement