Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants for Valentines Day

Options
  • 31-01-2008 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering could anyone recommend a good restaurant in Dublin that's suitable for a valentines day meal i.e. one that has a good romantic atmosphere.

I know very little about restaurants in Dublin as I don't often eat out so I don't want to end up choosing one that she hates.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I went for Valentine's dinner in the Magic Glasses restaurant (bottom of Harcourt St) across the road from the Eircom building at Stephen's Green, I think it's changed name now, but the food was fantastic and it was very romantic too!!!

Also, The Bistro near Powerscourt Centre in town is really romantic too....low lighting and cosy tables and chairs.

Menu is set on Valentine's night though, but it is very good too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Maybe you could give us an idea of the price range you're looking at?

I ate in Hugo's last night, just off St Stephen's Green, excellent food and very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Chapter One is amazing, but it is pricey and you need to book well in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vbboardie

Tiger Becs in dawson street the chef even has his own website can get a look at the menu there although he dosnt seem to post on it often far to busy cooking I expect.

www.phuakchoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vbboardie

vbboardie wrote: »
    Tiger Becs in dawson street the chef even has his own website can get a look at the menu there although he dosnt seem to post on it often far to busy cooking I expect.

www.phuakchoo.com

Just got a message from a guy who used this site to book valentines night. He says the restaurant was booked out for valentines night and after a little arguing his point that it was too late to get anywhere else for the night they compensated him with a €50 voucher to be used in the restaurant. The management said there was a problem with the booking system on this site and they cannot validate bookings. Anyone else know anything about this. I just booked on it for Valentines night and it allowed me to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

any more suggestions...
    i am looking for some good dinner with some light background music (not a rock band) of piano or any instrument or light singing
    location - dublin and surrounding towns

Advertisement