Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenplay writing query

Options
  • 31-01-2008 10:45pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone could answer this, it would be much appreciated.

I'm writing a screenplay at the moment and I'm not sure how the following scene should be formatted - basically it is two scenes going at the same time, repeatedly jumping back and forth between the two. A character from one of the scenes is talking throughout the scenes changing, and then a character from the other scene takes over and talks over further changes.

I don't think its INTERCUT, that seems to be used for telephone conversations and the like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

I'm writing a screenplay at the moment and I'm not sure how the following scene should be formatted - basically it is two scenes going at the same time, repeatedly jumping back and forth between the two. A character from one of the scenes is talking throughout the scenes changing, and then a character from the other scene takes over and talks over further changes.

I don't think its INTERCUT, that seems to be used for telephone conversations and the like.

Lighting maybe...spotlight on the narator and the scene and then switch off and on the spotlight on the other narrator.

The great thing about theatre is how it gives a blank cheque to playwrites to experiment. Beckett was the master of experiementation with forms and trying new things. It's not always just about the writing but also the form and the direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

May I humbly suggest the Absolute write forums: www.absolutewrite.com/forums They have an entire section dedicated to EXACTLY this kind of stuff. You are likely to get a lot of feedback and opinion there, of which, most will be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tutter

I believe you need "CUT TO:" & "V/O: Character Name" (for dialog)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Okay, thanks folks.

Advertisement