Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not really the Nine O'Clock News?

Options
  • 31-01-2008 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

I've noticed over the past few nights that RTE 2 9pm news starts around 2 minutes after nine.

Is this a ploy to get people tuned in at 9pm and then have expensive advertising for two minutes so it acts as a revenue generator??

Anyone notice this??

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Possibly, that or they are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Your watch is two minutes too fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

slumped wrote: »
    I've noticed over the past few nights that RTE 2 9pm news starts around 2 minutes after nine.

Is this a ploy to get people tuned in at 9pm and then have expensive advertising for two minutes so it acts as a revenue generator??

Anyone notice this??

S

Maybe it should be the Six One News and the Nine Two News so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Motosam wrote: »
    Your watch is two minutes too fast?

no - went by RTE's own Aertel time!

Seems like a feckin scam. Put high end adverts on at exactly the same time that people tune in, expecting to see the news.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Try gmt, its available online, op you must get to the bottom of this, I bet the advertisers gave dig outs to Durty for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Seems like a feckin scam. Put high end adverts on at exactly the same time that people tune in, expecting to see the news.

S

You have to admit, it is pretty clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

I'd say synchronising is just too much effort for something that's not that important. But it is kinda stupid that the stress that it's "Six ONE" at the start of the main programme when it's actually 6:03. It wouldn;t be as bad if it was just "RTE Evening News" or whatever.

Advertisement