Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart now up 20 Mbits

Options
  • 31-01-2008 8:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

In the dead of night (last night) Smart upgraded their higher packages to 20mbits / 1mbit . These would have been 7mbit and 10mbit jobbies beforehand .

Everyone I know with it is very happy . Prices are unchanged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Impressive. Now let's see how their "contention-less" network holds up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

God damn....Oh well I could have no broadband at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cgarvey wrote: »
    Impressive. Now let's see how their "contention-less" network holds up!

ooooooh ....quite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Right around the same time as the eircom speed increase, hardly a coincidence, great news for smart customers

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Wow, only noticed my speeds are up to 4640kbps (speedtest.net stat).

I can't see it lasting long, as last time I'd 4mbps I kept getting disconnects, and the guys on the Smart forum dropped me back to a stable 3mb instead.

Ah well, I'll make use of it while it's working :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

It seems its only the synch speed thats increased

From the smart forum

"The sync speeds have been changed - but there is still rate limiting elsewhere in the network so tou are all still on the same product speed you were a few days ago.

Anyone who has actually performed a speedtest would see this.

There are various reasons for the change...

... Makes management easier for us
    ... Allows us to see what lines are capable of (for upgrade purposes)
    ... gives us more line profile options to help out different types of poor line issues

As before - the admins on this site will not discuss upgrades (or the lack thereof) until they are officially launched.

Ejay."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They still haven't fixed my mates IP port 'problems' nor will they be asked to :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thedreadedlurgy

I have been an eircom broadband customer for the last 3 to 4 years. I don't have anything negative to say about them at all, as when i had a service failure i was always up & running within an hour or two. So i had no complaints which was handy for myself.

Their broadband package is very straight forward. I am about a mile from their exchange in Santry so the signal received was suitable for those purposes. So i am looking forward to my speed increase regardless of all of the **** i hope. Cheers everyone talk to you soon ok nite buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I don't have anything negative to say about them at all

And do you get online at the actual speed that you're paying for e.g. 3mb? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I don't have anything negative to say about them at all.

Not even the price :eek:

I had eircom before and in fairness the service was excellent - the price was shocking!

• Advertisement
Advertisement