Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build in carlow.

Options
  • 31-01-2008 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi,

Have been lurking here for a while picking up lots of tips and building on my limited knowledge of building. Just received planning permission for a 3000 sq/ft dormer bungalow in carlow and was wondering if anybody here could give me the name of any good builders around this area. I still have no idea what heating system to go for. Leaning towards oil as from reading here there are problems with pellets and heat pumps not proven over long term (and very expensive). Still not sure what to do with rads or underfloor. Is underfloor hard on oil or on the boiler? Have read the threads here but from talking to people locally the underfloor heating seems to be costing them a lot in oil. Thanks for any help and for all the information i have gathered reading other threads.

Comments

Advertisement