Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade from Sky to Sky Plus

Options
  • 31-01-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi,
    My Sky Digibox is acting up so I've decided to upgrade to Sky Plus route rather than risking a 2nd hand box from eBay. Sky are charging €149 + €45 for the engineer. I've heard that sometimes they have special offers and you can get the package for €69 + €45.

I rang Sky and they said that sometimes retail outlets might have their own special offers. Curry's don't have any.

If anybody is aware of such special offers I'd greatly appreciate it !

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Maybe you might get a better response in the satellite forum. Those guys are normally switched on to the deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Ya. I'm keeping an eye there also.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Hey, I got Sky plus five months back, box and installed for €79.

I rang up and said I wanted to leave the Sky service, the "save the sale" guy did Sky+ at a bargain rate. Have a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

What do they charge for a "non standard" installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

i'd go the ebay route. I got a 3 month old HD box there about 5 months ago and not a bother with it. Just buy from a power seller with lots of positive feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

when said i wanted 2 leave after 12 monthe they offered me sky plus box 4 free to stay with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Sky+ is free if you have both the movie and sports channels. You just pay for the box and installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

GDM wrote: »
    Sky+ is free if you have both the movie and sports channels. You just pay for the box and installation.
    Sky+ is free if you have any mix at all - even the €20 per month one. You dont have to get the premium channels in order to use the Sky+ features.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    i'd go the ebay route. I got a 3 month old HD box there about 5 months ago and not a bother with it. Just buy from a power seller with lots of positive feedback.

Did you have to pay the extra 15e a month after doing what you did??I'm assuming you installed it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

muffler wrote: »
    Maybe you might get a better response in the satellite forum. Those guys are normally switched on to the deals.

Also try the Sky section of AV Forums. A lot of the Irish techno nerds spend more time there than on boards.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=260

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The boxes come up even here on adverts.ie occasionally- I got mine for EUR 75 (with a 4x LNB and 30m of shielded cabling- one of the best bargains I've ever gotten.......)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

So if you have your dual or quad lnb, 2nd run of cabling and 2nd hand Sky Plus box.

Do you just have to ring Sky and get the Sky+ box paired with my card ?

Am I missing anything ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

demac wrote:
    So if you have your dual or quad lnb, 2nd run of cabling and 2nd hand Sky Plus box.

Do you just have to ring Sky and get the Sky+ box paired with my card ?

Am I missing anything ?

They issued me with a new card- and the old one expired in the old box a few weeks later. I whacked a London localised Freesat card in the old box for convenience sake. I'm so annoyed that its not possible to get RTE on an "Irish localised" card. I still haven't gotten a satisfactory answer as to why other regions can have their cards localised, but we can't.....

Advertisement