Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P60

Options
  • 31-01-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Are there any regulations on when a company has to give their employees their P60. My mam works for a private company and got her P60 two weeks ago but my dad works for CIE and he said he'd be lucky if he got it before March.

Does a P60 have to be given to an employee by a certain time and can an employee do anything if they haven't gotten their P60 after a reasonable period of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Don't know.

Practice varies with employers. Large employers can be slow. This can then delay employees who want to process certain things like tax rebates on medical expenses and so on.

The best thing to do is to contact www.Revenue.ie as they should know if there are regulations about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

I am not aware of strict rules, and I know that my father, who was a state employee, used to get his around the September of the following year, every year!

I am quite sure that if an employee needed one, say for loan or mortgage, an employer should fastrack one, but this might be more a practice than a rule.

EDIT - just seen this on another thread: "Furthermore your former employer is obliged by law to issue a P60 to you before 31st January." LINK

Advertisement