Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole cut-off options

Options
  • 31-01-2008 6:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

I was receiving jobseeker's benefit up until the 15th January when I didn't sign on at the monthly time. They've always sent a letter the week before (every time for 13 months) but it took two weeks to figure out that I wasn't being paid. The Christmas messing up the regular sign-on time didn't help either, nor the delay in payment recently going from allowance to benefit (or the other way around, sorry still don't know the difference). They also cut me off without any letter etc saying so. Obviously the whole situation is a mess.

I re-applied under their instruction yesterday but a friend says I could have appealed. The 3 people I spoke to in the welfare never gave me any advice or right to appeal (a usual thing for natural justice I'm sure). However, the same friend also informed me that they tend to really get on your back if you annoy them and I don't want that either!

Any advice please?

And assuming I get on it again, I now need to collect my payment from the post-office weekly rather than straight into the bank as before. Apparently, 'they don't do that any more'. Is this true?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Your claim was closed because you forgot to sign you can't appeal this as its your responsibilty to sign-on in time you would have been informed of your next day when you signed last, as they stopped your payment for over 2 weeks your meant to need this money to live-on a week to week basis, they are thinking how did you survive with no money for 2 weeks?
    They are making people collect the money in post offices now to stop fraud as a lot of foreign nationals are signing on and going back ti their country to work and then just fly over to sign-on every 4 weeks, so they make everybody collect it in the post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 indo_mex

Hi Tomred, the welfare know I've a large redundacy payment in the same bank account as the money they were putting in weekly. Besides, with my situation I don't have much expenditure in a general two week period that can't be resolved with petty cash.

Thanks for your advice re; postoffice though.

Advertisement