Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folder Disappeared?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I wonder if anyone can help me, I had a folder on my D drive, called Downloads. Obviously I used it for all my downloads from the internet.

So my laptop turned itself off, when it came back on, the entire folder was gone. I had no windows error box or anything.

I hadn't downloaded anything illegal or dodgey, no viruses or anything. I definitely didn't delete it by accident, but I had a lot of stuff on there, and it's all gone!!!! Loads of pictures, important emails, music, etc.

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

1. Are you sure you didn't drop it into another folder on d: by accident? [unlikely but worth a check]
    2. Run a program called Recuva to see if you deleted it by accident. [or some windows error happened]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

You're not using Vista are you? That has some real messed-up way of organising the 'user' folders (downloads, music, pictures etc.) and if you move them from one location to another the 'wrong way', it can get real fukced up and start hiding things etc.

Advertisement