Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crontab on website

Options
  • 30-01-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i have hosting with digiweb. i'm trying to schedule a script with crontab and i can't figure it out. i must have tried dozens of variations at this stage.

this is the system they use to enter the command:
    http://hosting.digiweb.ie/docs/hsphere/userguide/direct_access_to_server.php

what i've been putting in is:

all time entries:*

that means "every minute, every hour etc", doesn't it? i've tried loads of different variations on that too

the command i've entered is:
    /usr/bin/php -q /hsphere/local/home/username/domain.net/test.php

i got that from a digiweb support guy so i'm assuming its right

at the moment i'm just running a test script that creates a file. is there some reason a script thats being called through crnotab would be denied permission? the script works if i call it directly

can someone who knows a bit about it or has a digiweb account tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Advertisement