Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion. (Garda competition.)

Options
  • 30-01-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

Ok. I'm very confused.

I applied for the Gardas on publicjobs without really reading into it.
    Garda Trainee 2008 was the job I selected.

When looking at the Terms and Conditions it says that you're eligible if you've done the physical test first? what's that about?

how am I meant to do a physical test for the Gardas if this is the only way of applying..

can someone please clear up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Your eligible for training after passing the Physical test, it has nothing to do with the aptitude test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Jay112 wrote: »
    Your eligible for training after passing the Physical test, it has nothing to do with the aptitude test

Ok, so I can still go ahead and go for this then yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Ok, so I can still go ahead and go for this then yes?

Yup go ahead,if your a successfull candidate and pass everything your process should look like this: Aptitude test, Interview, Meeting with sargeant, Meeting with super, Medical, Physical,...Sit around for backround checks to clear, Letter of offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭the locust

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Thanks a million Jay112..that helps a lot, I owe you one. :)
    Thanks the_locust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Good luck,hope to be doing the same this time next year!

Advertisement