Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda selection test

Options
  • 30-01-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi,

Deos anyone have any information on the garda selection test which I am doing on 12th Feb. I saw a few companies that do day courses but they seem highly expensive.:eek:

Has anyone done the home course?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I have edited your post because it requested copyrighted material.

Please don't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

niamh4626 wrote: »
    Hi,

Deos anyone have any information on the garda selection test which I am doing on 12th Feb. I saw a few companies that do day courses but they seem highly expensive.:eek:

Has anyone done the home course?

Thanks

do the course, they may be a bit expensive, but well worth the money if Templemore is where you really want to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Look at this thread first:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055066441

You will find a lot of advice from people at the different stages of the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

hi, does anyone know when the guards are recruiting again cos I was unable to sit the last exam in feb cos I did not pass the exam in October and they decided to bring in a stupid rule that you can only sit it every 6months Grrrr!!:mad: I also applied for the PSNI, mite as well give that a shot too!! I heard the whole recruitment process is ment to change next year as well as the exam, that would prob be no harm as myself and a few friends have applied a few times already and you are stuck waiting around for months to hear any news from them, or waiting for another recruitment cycle to come up...it's gotten better this year as the process isnt as long and they are ment to be recruiting 3 or 4 times this year. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Jenosul wrote: »
    hi, does anyone know when the guards are recruiting again cos I was unable to sit the last exam in feb cos I did not pass the exam in October and they decided to bring in a stupid rule that you can only sit it every 6months Grrrr!!:mad: I also applied for the PSNI, mite as well give that a shot too!! I heard the whole recruitment process is ment to change next year as well as the exam, that would prob be no harm as myself and a few friends have applied a few times already and you are stuck waiting around for months to hear any news from them, or waiting for another recruitment cycle to come up...it's gotten better this year as the process isnt as long and they are ment to be recruiting 3 or 4 times this year. :rolleyes:

look at the thread mentioned above ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055066441 )
    ... that question is coming up and being answered...the date seems to be a mystery at the moment...just add the garda recruitment to your requests on publicjobs.ie and you will know then for definite when it does happen

• Advertisement
Advertisement