Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSB - How long to process?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I applied for Jobseekers benefit a few weeks ago (had just returned from a year away) and was told there wouldn't be any problems because I had enough paid into the system in 2006 which is the year they base it on. Like I said it was a few weeks ago and I'm wondering in general how long it takes to process and you see money in your bank account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

If you applied for it before christmas then there is probably a delay due the holidays (don't think the social welfare was open between 21st Dec and 3rd Jan) but it should be processed soon.

Give your local branch that you applied to a call to check for an update, contact details are here

Your money should be back-dated to the date of your claim though.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

This time of the year is pretty bust period for Local ffices as a lot of school workers make claims for the xmas period ie teachers, claeners, bus drivers. it could take 5 to 6 weeks. Make sure they have everything they asked you for. If you do go into payment it will be paid from the date you made the claim.
    Santa Claus :Local office were only closed from the 25th dec to 27th dec and new years day!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll give them a call and see how things are going, I had everything ready for them the time I made the claim so there shouldn't be any problems.

Advertisement