Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odbc report generator

Options
  • 30-01-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

does anyone know a good free report generator for an odbc source. presently i connect to our oracle database through odbc with excel. ican create simple report but i want to have more more freedom with the sql. so any kind of software that can connect and allow me to write sql (to select data and make column aliases and such).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I think you'd probably be best shelling out and buying Crystal Reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Jasper is an excellent tool for embedded reports in java apps, croo from the OS forum put me onto it.

http://www.jasperforge.org/jaspersoft/opensource/business_intelligence/jasperreports/samples.html

Other than that I'd second crystal if you're looking for a standalone solution

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Actually Jasper doesn't have to be embedded.
    Their iReport is a crystal like tool to allow the GUI creation of reports.
    The data to be reported is created with SQL as you requested, but the creation of the report is a drag & drop affair. It's not odbc but jdbc, but I have had no issues connecting to oracle DBs with it.
    Also, I haven't yet used it but their fairly newish BI suite looks very impressive.

Advertisement