Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Kennel Club

Options
  • 30-01-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hope this hasn't been dealt with before.

My brother's boxer recently had a litter of pups which we sold. Pups are all micro-chipped, vaccinated, the works. Sent off details to Irish Kennel Club to get pups registered around 3 months ago and still haven't heard anything back from them. People who bought the pups are ringing looking for their registration papers and unfortunately we still don't have them. have tried ringing and emailing the IKC on many occassions but to no avail. Has anybody had similar experiences or have any ideas how we can get the registration papers?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

They can be quite bad when it comes to that. Just keep on to them and say that people need their papers and the need to show their dogs. They arent good for answering the phone but just keep ringing. if you have no joy tell them you will take the matter further if you dont get any luck with them. I had to wait ages for my papers to come back and the first lot were "Lost" in the post. I needed mine quickly as i wanted to start showing the dog. Hope you get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

I had to wait for a while for my dogs papers to come aswell as they got ''lost'' the first time.They finally arrived 6 months after they were requested.So dont worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

I too had this problem, I kept ringing and ringing continuosly untill they answered. I asked for the persons name (that way if you need to ring back look for that person who you dealt with previously so they wont try advert the issue) I had my papers within three days.

Since then though i get the pups vet checked and microchipped asap so that the papers are back with me before the pups leave for new homes.

The IKC are bad though when it comes to paper work etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cr1272

Hadn't heard of them having difficulty with paperwork :D

Their training is a joke. I can't believe they are still in business, if they are that bad a turning around paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 centrino

Im in the same situation here, I have a boxer since xmas and no sign of the papers. I have emailed them on several occasions but the response is 'we are responding to all regs and will take from 7 - 10 days to process', OMG its f****** 3 months down the road and still nothing. I tried ringing them this morning and would you believe it... its engaged. Im frustrated.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 coisaille

yep, I think this is totally normal, know I had to wait a while, I wouldn't mind but you always hear people saying never buy a puppy from someone who says theyre 'waiting for the papers' to come back from the ikc - good advice in a way, but often they are probably genuine! I know the person I got my pup from was, probably have to trust your instincts with these things...

Advertisement