Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming (Image Slideshow)

Options
  • 30-01-2008 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have a selection of images on my web pages that are displayed in html pages.

On the main page i have a selection of thumbnails - then when i click a thumbnail it brings me to the full size image.

However i would like to provide a type of slide show to the users as an alternative way of viewing images.

My pages are designed in python. But i am open to alternatives - is it just a case of doing some javascript? or are there python libraries? - can anybody point me in the direction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

This is a great app!

Lightbox 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I've used Lightbox 2 myself, its easy to set up and use. I'd recommend it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

ye it looks good. just testing it out at the moment. Is there any other things just like this to compare to?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

warrenaldo wrote: »
    ye it looks good. just testing it out at the moment. Is there any other things just like this to compare to?
    I really like this one, but a lot of people don't like Flash.
    http://www.airtightinteractive.com/photos/

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

There is lytebox, which is based on this original. Notable differences are ability to auto play your slideshow, load up html content, support for iframes (if you're using them), and it runs standalone to third party js libraries (I use it now as I had conflicts with different versions of different libraries causing all kinds of weirdness - this sorted it out). From the sounds of it, Lightbox 2 should do the trick but here's the link anyway: http://www.dolem.com/lytebox/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

+ 1 for Lightbox 2 - Surprisingly simply to Add

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Webmonkey wrote: »
    + 1 for Lightbox 2 - Surprisingly simply to Add
    +1 here too.
    You can make it a sort of slide show by adding a bit to the 'rel' parameter - it will group things together.
    I use it with an 'accordion' effect. PM for url (it's photos of my kid).

Advertisement