Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been banned from my property by builder

Options
  • 30-01-2008 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I had an altercation with my builder over The work carried out by his electrician. The electrican had placed sockets behind where radiators were to go. had wired for single lights when recessed lights were to be used. had my partner come to the house in the pitch dark at 6pm to show him (with a flash light) where mistakes were made (this was with the electrician not the builder).
    After my 4th time trying to and then insisting that the builder and electrician meet me at the propety once and for all to correct theese on going issues and because the plastering had been done. He started to get very definsive , telling me that it was my fault that I was changing my mind all the time, and telling me he had the right to refuse me being on the property. I contacted my solicitor and he informs me that there is a loophole in the law that some builders use when there backs are to the wall with buyers and that most of the time having the buyer on the property is fine.
    my question is has anyone had this happen to them , Is my solicitor right?
    and is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure how to say this.
    I contacted my solicitor and he informs me that there is a loophole in the law that some builders use when there backs are to the wall with buyers and that most of the time having the buyer on the property is fine.
    Its not a loophole, its there deliberately. It is the builder's site, not your's.

Work out what you have agreed on placing things and put it in writing.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,236 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the title is a bit misleading....

is it your property or his????
    is he working for you or are you purchasing from him???

have you paid him any money yet??

are contracts signed based on plans provided??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Right.

This thread has litigation written all over it.

We don't do legal advice.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement