Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] eep

Options
  • 30-01-2008 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭

so im flying along, and my autopilot is about to jump me through the gate.

The client crashes after 20 seconds of sweet ****all

now when i try to rerun the client (even after restarrt) you just see EVE in the taskbar, and your desktop. Nothing happens. When you select EVE in the taskbar it just starts eating up resources and clockspeed but nothing happens.

So I try uninstalling it - super.

I try restarting. Yay.

Try reinstalling....

um yeah, it locks up explorer.

So I have my ship floating next to a jump gate of all things waiting for it and my character to be shot.

frustrating!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Your character ceases to exist within one minute of you logging off/crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Zillah wrote: »
    Your character ceases to exist within one minute of you logging off/crashing.

Only 'cause Zillah thinks it'll take him that long to find and podkill you.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Your character will "emergency warp" away from the gate when you crash, then dissapear from space after about 2 minutes if you have no agression timer, and 15 minutes if you do. Unless you were in a heavily hostile area, your char should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

What if you crash while being warp scrambled? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ans Blix

azezil wrote: »
    What if you crash while being warp scrambled? :p

Aggression timer D'uh 15 minutes. But yes, if WS then the ship might be destroyed, but 99% of the time your pod will do an emergancy jump 1,000,000 kms in a random direction and disappear

Now if the OP's case, the ship will jump warp 1 million kms and disappear, and wait for you to log back on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement