Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signing on the dole?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i have been unemployed since september.
    i fell out with my boss.
    i havent signed on.
    i am 30 and live at home with parents. (relationship break up, ya know yourself!!!)
    i have been doing nixers painting ever since just to get me by.
    didnt want to sign on cos thought work was around the corner but nixers have completely dried up.
    QUESTIONS
    what will the dole people ask me?
    should i even mention the word nixers?
    if not what will i say i have been living on?
    can i lie and say i was in england or something?
    do i get dole from september or from the day i sign?
    PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

You basically want help on how to defruad the department?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 indo_mex

Hi, there's nothing wrong with not signing on the dole after you leave a job, neither is there a problem working (nixers; although don't use that word, call it work). It would be illegal if you earned over 12,000 euro from painting without paying any tax though. I'd reccommend going to the welfare and explain that since leaving you got some very casual work, lived at home with parents, and had some savings which has all dried up and you wish to claim from now. Trying to get it backdated is illegal, given that you've worked, and they may get suspect. It'll probably take a few weeks to process though. And I reccomend not lying as you'll be digging a hole for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 humahh

tomred1 wrote: »
    You basically want help on how to defruad the department?
    yea thanks clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 humahh

indo_mex wrote: »
    Hi, there's nothing wrong with not signing on the dole after you leave a job, neither is there a problem working (nixers; although don't use that word, call it work). It would be illegal if you earned over 12,000 euro from painting without paying any tax though. I'd reccommend going to the welfare and explain that since leaving you got some very casual work, lived at home with parents, and had some savings which has all dried up and you wish to claim from now. Trying to get it backdated is illegal, given that you've worked, and they may get suspect. It'll probably take a few weeks to process though. And I reccomend not lying as you'll be digging a hole for yourself.
    sound buddy, thanks 4 d advice

Advertisement