Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most appropriate site to recruit programmers for a game creation project?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm currently a member of a team developing an SMORPG. I can already feel the heat in the thread but I assure you the project is designed to be produced in small manageable sections. I am wondering if anyone could provide me with any links to suitable sites for recruiting C# programmers? The project is to make use of middleware to help us along so it is far from a complete engine or network creation project. I was unsure of how people would see a direct recruiting thread on boards so I figured I could check out any sites boards users deem more suitable. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Using xna?
    Check out:
    http://xnaireland.spaces.live.com/

Don't know what the policy on that site is regarding recruitment ads but there are links to other relevant sites that might have what you're looking for.

There is also a recruitment thread stickied at the top of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

The "Help Wanted" forum on www.gamedev.net should be worth a try.
    http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=8
    Just be careful to format your recruitment post as per their template.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 troda

Thank you both for your suggestions. I'll definitely check out the xna site pwd, a resource I am surprised I missed. I noticed the sticky but thought it was for paid positions only so avoided posting there as I suspect begging is frowned upon. ;)

Thanks for the link NeverSayDie. I have been using their thread format for all of the recruitment threads so far as it seems to be fairly easy to read through for prospective members and contains almost all of the information a new member to the team would require. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

Advertisement