Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford new build - advice

Options
  • 29-01-2008 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi there,
    long time lurker who now has a potential plot that we want to put a house on fairly close to Wexford Town. Far from some of the large builds people are having our plan is based on a detached 2 storey approx 1200ft, basic design, no frills.

After checking out the forums and various publications I have guestimated a very approx budget of between 80 - 120 euros per sq ft.

Can anyone down in the Wexford area (or familiar with the area) let me know if this is a realistic expectation based on the limited info I have provided.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭secman

Just coming to the end of a new build in Wexford, currently looking like 200k for the build only,for a 2250 sq foot excluding the kitchen. I do need to sit down and put an exact figure on it, but from memory, last final budget was in region of €200k. All bathrooms are done and that also includes money spent on garden , approx €3k. We did go for a high spec on stairs and doors , all oak and also on bathrooms an on suites.

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

Thanks Secman, looks like your approximate price was around 88 euro so looks like I am on track. Economies of scale will more than likely bump my pricing up per sq ft but subject to all the various factors that influence cost I should be able to build well within budget. (or allow me to have a better finish than anticipated.)

I am walking the 2 plots available at the weekend subject to weather with my architect - land purchase if we proceed will take no time at all as buying from family....fingers crossed I will be on the new build progress sticky soon!

Cheers

Advertisement