Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom one (3rd Edition)

Options
  • 29-01-2008 11:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Greetings,

Tis been a while since I last posted, as the GPS I was using was my sisters (the Garmin Nuvi). Iv since got my own, but I got a TomTom One. I like it, I think its more accurate then the Garmin Nuvi which used the latest maps.

The maps are V7 (UK & Rep. of Ireland) on the TomTom - which seem to be the latest. Should I register the product now, or wait till later?

Iv noticed on some roads it knows the max speed and warns you if you go over the limit, but it doesn't seem to work on all roads (not just local roads). Any particular reason? Also, when I report a mobile speed camera it doesn't always remember its there when I drive by it again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

Yea the speed limit only works on certain roads in Ireland (guess it's built into the maps).
    When I drove around Europe with my trusty Tomtom one, most places Tomtom told me the speed limit, not like Ireland.

Registering the maps - ???

Try add the speed camera location again - I've never had problems with mine, although I have only added one place and it warns me each time I drive past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sully, PM me your email address and I'll email you a POI category file for the TT ONE that has the majority of all the fixed & mobile speed cams in Ireland. You can then set the POI warning for an advance warning

I'm not a fan of the V3 TT One. It doesn't have a flash card slot and can't do Itinerary Planning like its predecessor

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Enjoying this one a lot.. very good maps, seems to know its way around. Odd that it only knows some speed limits, mainly national route roads. Comes in very handy. Got those speed cameras, where do they cover anyway? Waiting on Irish Speed Traps to sort themselves out and release the cameras for TomTom, add to the collection :)

Alternative route is nifty. I assume no point in purchasing the extra product for traffic?

It lacks a lot of POIs, but the Garmin did to.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Check out HERE for POI's .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sharkman wrote: »
    Check out HERE for POI's .

Mount Juliet Hotel in KK isnt there. Now thats odd

• Advertisement
Advertisement