Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIAB - Loss of earnings form

Options
  • 29-01-2008 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

hi, need some advice here.

i was involved in a serious accident last year and needed 2 months off work to recover.
    its now come to the PIAB and they are requesting a loss of earnigns certificat.
    its a standard form.

my employer is refusing to complete this, saying its agains company policy.

they are one of the largest employers in dublin so i presume they know what they are talking about.
    They have not responded to letters from my solictor so now it looks like i will lose a large amount of money.

is there anything i can do instead of the form from my employer, or any way i can compel them to complete the form?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

How long were you with them? Maybe you have a P60

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Its very unusual that your employers are refusing to fill this out for you. Its as simple as filling out your gross and nett earnings along with the period of absence. You can however send to PIAB your payslips for weeks / months prior to your accident. Give these to your Solicitor and have him / her send them on to PIAB with a letter stating that your employers refused to give you any form of written documentation and this is the only documentation you have to hand. PIAB should be able to work out your loss of earnings from this however PIAB may still require some written proof as to the dates of absence.

Alternatively, you can tell your employer (with approval of your Solicitor) that if PIAB do not award you your loss of earnings based on the fact that they had not completed the Certificate of Loss of Earnings for you, that you will seek to recover your losses from them. You are legally entitled to seek loss of earnings through your personal injury claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

You could try submitting a request to your employer under the Data Protection Acts to see all payroll/salary/attendance data they have on you. You are legally entitled to a copy of this data. It won't be in the form of a certificate of lost earnings, but it will have the same net data. Note that this will probably pi$$ them off royally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thanks for all the replies,
    they eventually copped on and filled out the form.

Advertisement