Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6.1 Surround Titles

Options
  • 29-01-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

I had a look around Virgin in Dundrum today, looking for a couple of titles that might make use of my 7.1 surround system.

I know that there are no 7.1 DVDs but I figured that there must be a number that are 6.1, be that DD EX, DTS Discrete, or DTS ES. All I found with 6.1 surround were Blade II & III, Rush Hour 2 & 3, and X-Men 3.

I heard that Gladiator is available in 6.1 but the copy I saw in the shop was only 5.1. I've got the three Lord of the Rings extended editions, these have the DTS ES.

I'm gonna try and find Star Wars 1, 2 and 3 as I hear these are supposed to be among the best for surround sound encoding.

Are there any others that people have found to be good demonstrations for 6.1 surround? Or does anyone know of an up to date list of available titles?

Advertisement