Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply for laptop

Options
  • 29-01-2008 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Some advice needed.

I recently got a new laptop (Fujitsu Siemens) but unfortunately lost the Power supply/charger -rendering it quite useless.

-Where would I get a new power supply?
    -Roughly how expensive are we talking about?
    -Are they brand and model specific, or can I buy any old generic one?

All advice welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭newestUser

I recently bought a generic PSU from Peats on Dame Street in Dublin. It can be set to a variety of different voltage settings. It's a bit big + bulky, and makes worrying noises if various bits+bobs aren't plugged in tight, but other than that it works grand. 50 euro was how much it cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Gerneric power supply from Maplin or Peats as mentioned above should do you fine, you can altenatively check ebay for the model number of your laptop and search for it along side "power supply" and you should find an orignal direct replacement for the one you lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 yoyoyo

Cheers for that lads.

Ended up getting one in Peats for 50 yips and it's working grand.

Advertisement