Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frankfurt with Ryanair

• 29-01-2008 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

I know it brings us into Hahn airport which is a joke, but has anyone flown this route before? I'm being told theres no train service into Frankfurt but when I look up the airport on google maps theres a train line running in to it.
    Other than that its the bus for an hour or two into the city (total joke) but has anyone flown this route in the last while that could give me some tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

There's a shuttle that goes into Frankfurt. 24 yoyos return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Flew Dublin-Frankfurt-Athens on way to Champions League Final last season but flew into Frankfurts main airport,but met a few fans who flew into the other airport and they told me they got a train up to the main airport - think it might have been 1-2 hours or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I flew to Frankfurt Hahn with Ryanair on a few occasions in the last year in order to get to somewhere else but there is a train and A LOT of coaches that will bring you into Frankfurt city centre.I took a look outside the airport and saw many coaches so you should have no problem.

BTW,its a very nice airport.If you happen to have to stay for a few hours,there is a games room with pool,internet point,slot machines etc.The scenery flying into Frankfurt Hahn is breathtaking.You can see all the woods and forests.Lovely.

When I flew back from Frankfurt,there were a lot of Irish on our flight and it was clear that they had been in the city centre.I don't think its that difficult to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

There is no train service, there is a regional train service from the local town but it would take ya weeks to get to Frankfurt after serveral connections. Bus is the best/only option but they are frequent and its all motorway/autobahn travel so its very comfortable. Make sure and use the toilet before ya board as its a long enough journey if the toilet is out of order (happened to a friend of mine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Excellent, thanks folks. Is it handy enough to get back to the airport from Frankfurt?

• Advertisement

Ya, the bus goes from right outside the main trainstation in the centre of town. Sometimes the bus back is a few mins longer because it stops at Frankfurt (Main) airport which is on the way to Hahn. Just turn up a few mins before the time on the timetable though because they can be busy from time to time.

(Personally I'm not a big fan of Hahn as an airport, its small with very few places to sit down apart from the restaurant but its easy and efficient and does the job fine. Its a great way of getting to germany for cheap as long as you dont mind the bus journey. Very handy for quick trips to Koeln/Cologne which is a very nice city)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

How far is cllogne from Frankfurt Hahn? is this place worth visiting for a couple of days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ajbrowne

Aerlingus fly to Frankfurt Main for some reasonable prices. Frankfurt Main is a great airport with a train direct to Frankfurt. Also has loads of flight, 8 times out of 10 for long haul flights it's a cheaper option to fly there and then fly onto the next city!

You have to get the bus to Frankfurt. If you can fly into Main as the airport and Frankfurt city access is a lot better.

Hedeilberg and a Rhine river cruise are great day trip options from Frankfurt!

Its a about 2.5/3 hours depending on traffic but costs are about the same as travelling to Frankfurt. Is one of the most visited citys in germany, and there is enough to keep you going for a few days. Its also very close to Bonn so you can just grab a train over. People are friendly enough and Kolsch is so good! (local beer served in small/tall glasses). Perfect city for a weekend away - I would prefer it over Frankfurt but I'm sure some people would disagree!

(Chocolate Museum/Factory is well worth a visit, as is the Dom (Cathedral) Worth the 600+ step climb for the views from the top - its the most visit attracted in germany I think)

Advertisement