Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advertising slideshow

Options
  • 28-01-2008 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

any presentation software available at low cost or free (businness use)

I want it for displaying ads on a 32 inch widescreen plasma in a businness that has long queues

pc is set to shutdown (scheduled task) when the shop is closed to save power, so it needs to be able to start up again by itself from a command in the start-up folder when the pc is booted back up

any ideas, i was trying to get them to use powerpoint, but not sure if it can be run at startup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

Hi

i had this problem as well and the solution i used was to convert the powerpoint file to a screensaver and set the screensaver to activate after a min worked a treat, just google powerpoint to screensaver loads of help available

Hope This Helps

Pa

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821552

Would this help? (It will make a command line execution app which can be run afaik)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

both sound good, might stick with the command prompt one as it can be set to run as a scheduled task

Advertisement