Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need recommendation for structural engineer?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am going to buid on to the back of my ( sorry, mostly the bank's!) 3 bed semi.
    I am extending the width of the house and four metres back single story,and by removing the back wall of the existing kitchen i hope to make the space open plan.
    In order not to bring everything down around me in the process i would like the advice of a professional structural engineer in relation to rsj sizing and load transferrance during insertion etc.

If you are such a person, or can recommend someone i would be very grateful.
    I live near enfield in Meath.

Any and all opinions or suggestions welcomed also!

Thanks,

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,881 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Please keep recommendations to PMs only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

if any recommendations for the same, please pm me also. many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dcom

Hi joeclif and lomb,
    I have sent you details by PM of two structural engineers in or close to enfield which I have used and would recommend them both.
    Good luck
    dcom

Advertisement