Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomtom One Europe Vs Garmin 250w

Options
  • 28-01-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Please can someone who has experienced both advise me on the following..

Navteq vs TeleAtlas
    GPS Functions
    Information readout
    Operating System

..as I've bought a Tomtom One Europe. It seems pretty good, I like the controls and options, but the teleatlas maps are very annoying... I've compared this to the navteq map on the 250w which is much better ...but the controls don't seem as nice.

Same price, and I can probably return the tomtom and get the garmin. First though, I'd love some advice on the two maps, functions, and what other people think?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Navteq vs TeleAtlas
    GPS Functions
    Information readout
    Operating System

..as I've bought a Tomtom One Europe. It seems pretty good, I like the controls and options, but the teleatlas maps are very annoying... I've compared this to the navteq map on the 250w which is much better ...but the controls don't seem as nice.

Same price, and I can probably return the tomtom and get the garmin. First though, I'd love some advice on the two maps, functions, and what other people think?

Thanks

I have experience with the Garmin 250w with 2008 Navteq Maps. I would prefer better maps over controls. I find the 250w easy to use. Then again I dont know what functions I am missing that are on the Tom Tom One.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Navteq vs TeleAtlas
    GPS Functions
    Information readout
    Operating System

Thanks

Is it the TT V3 you have? I don't think it is as good as the V2 as it has less functions

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Yeah it's the v3. I've updated the maps over the last two days and they seem quite a lot better than before. I heard teleatlal are mapping ireland at the moment, is that true anyone?

Advertisement