Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets find a way - Loading Navteq maps on Tomtoms

Options
  • 28-01-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

The idea is to find a way to load updated navteq maps onto our tomtoms. This is to my knowledge not illegal so lets give it a go!

The idea is to find an updated european navteq mappack (2008+) and upload it to our tomtoms = better Irish maps :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The idea is to find a way to load updated navteq maps onto our tomtoms. This is to my knowledge not illegal so lets give it a go!

The idea is to find an updated european navteq mappack (2008+) and upload it to our tomtoms = better Irish maps :D

go for it and let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You'll be wasting your time. The map formats for different manufacturers are all different. Navteq don't supply maps as such to Garmin or TomTom, they supply a mapping database from which the manufacturer compiles their own maps in a proprietary format. You can stick all the maps in the world on your TomTom that you want, they won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Ah ok, cool Alun, thanks, sure maybe some russian hackers may one day do a few things for tomtoms.

Advertisement