Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Django Reviews

Options
  • 28-01-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here ever used Django - it is a Python Web framework. What are peoples thoughts on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I haven't used it but I've seen a little of it in action. I know of one small Irish company that have used it (I assume they still are) to build their user interface.

http://www.putplace.com/

Its like a lot of the frameworks out there, provding a decent structure to do common tasks and giving you somethings for free (user management, admin features etc). Its written in python which is quite popular these days.

Overall if you're going to use python as you're dev language its about the best framework for it. Turbogears is one of the others which is its nearest competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Ye i have been messing about with it a lot lately and it seems pretty usefull. Using it for a new website were designing. The admin feature is fantastic.
    Ive not run into many problems with it either.

Ill have a look at turbogears too. thanks for that.

Advertisement