Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midland Club, Birr opening times?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭

What are the opening hours of the Midland Club range in Birr. I'm trying to get up there one weekday/weekend but want to make sure it's open.
    And can you hire a .22 to try out there -- and if yes whats the cost to hire and use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Wouldn't mind hearing how you get on.
    Have just started working out of Birr and would be interested in joining there..

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Hi Guys,

The Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland is usually open Saturdays & Sundays from 10am to 4.30pm where .22lr rifles with insurance can be hired, dont know about costs.

During the week the range is open to members by strict appointment only.

Hope this helps. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭clivej

V Bull wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

The Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland is usually open Saturdays & Sundays from 10am to 4.30pm where .22lr rifles with insurance can be hired, dont know about costs.
    During the week the range is open to members by strict appointment only.
    Hope this helps. :cool:

Thanks V Bull just the ticket.

:D Weekend can't come quick enough now :D

No problem, Jim G and Brian E are usually there for 9am setting up and stuff. You can grab a coffee or what ever and have a chat before shooting. Enjoy.........:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is nowhere near Birr, Tullamore would be more accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It is nowhere near Birr, Tullamore would be more accurate.

Well it is on the Birr road :)

Only 30k as well, so hardly a huge distance. Probably less than half an hours drive really.

Actually when you realise that MNSCI is 15k from Tullamore itself, there's not a lot in it.

rrpc wrote: »
    Well it is on the Birr road :)

Only 30k as well, so hardly a huge distance. Probably less than half an hours drive really.

Actually when you realise that MNSCI is 15k from Tullamore itself, there's not a lot in it.

I'll just wind down the car window and smell for the cordite;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

:D:D
    clivej wrote: »
    I'll just wind down the car window and smell for the cordite;)

Works for me, got lost looking for a clay shoot once (Flapper) wound down the window and listened for the shots, went in that direction

Clivej & Mayhem, try this Google Earth link for rough directions to the MNSCI

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.237585,-7.664337&spn=0.069554,0.159645&z=13&om=0

Coming from Tullamore on the N52 turn right in Blueball at the Blue Ball pub onto the R357 (known in the club by some as the magnum road), approximately 4/5km on the right hand side, local area name is Leabeg, you will see the sign at the entrance of the club and or the backstops as you get closer, if you come to the Bora Lakes (left hand side) you've gone too far.

Similarly, coming from Birr / Kilcormac on the N52 north to Tullamore, turn left in Blueball at the Blue Ball pub onto the R357.............:cool:

Been there done that. Good directions thanks to V Bull.
    What a great place to go to. Good people. Came away with all the info I was looking for and more. I'll be joining up soon and and doing some target shooting. Just got a lot of other things to sort out first but I'll be back. If your in any doubt take the trip there and find out for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Dont mean to hi-jack the thread but anyone that wants to try midlands and havnt read the clay day thread, its the venue that was agreed, so have a read if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭japbyrne

was up there about 3 weeks ago, rifle, target, 50 bullets, 27 euro, you can buy more bullets if you want 4.50 for 50, shoot all day if you like :D

Advertisement