Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthrax Attacks

Options
  • 28-01-2008 7:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

October 2 2001

The “anti-terrorism” Patriot Act is introduced in Congress, but is not well received by all. One day later, Senate Majority Leader and future anthrax target Tom Daschle (D) says he doubts the Senate will take up this bill in the one week timetable the administration wants. As head of the Senate, Daschle has great power to block or slow passage of the bill. Attorney General Ashcroft accuses Senate Democrats of dragging their feet.

On October 4, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman and future anthrax target Patrick Leahy (D) accuses the Bush administration of reneging on an agreement on the anti-terrorist bill. Leahy is in a key position to block or slow the bill. Some warn that “lawmakers are overlooking constitutional flaws in their rush to meet the administration’s timetable.” Two days later, Ashcroft complains about “the rather slow pace�over his request for law enforcement powers� Hard feelings remain.

The anthrax letters to Daschle and Leahy are sent out on October 9 and difficulties in passing the Act continue.

A total of four letters containing anthrax are mailed to NBC, the New York Post, and Democratic senators Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy. The letters sent to the senators both contain the words “Death to America, Death to Israel, Allah is Great.” Twenty-three people are infected and five people die. Panic sweeps the nation.

On October 16, the Senate office buildings are shut down, followed by the House of Representatives, after 28 congressional staffers test positive for exposure to anthrax.

Initially it is suspected that either al-Qaeda or Iraq are behind the anthrax letters. However, further investigation leads the US government to conclude that, “everything seems to lean toward a domestic source.… Nothing seems to fit with an overseas terrorist type operation.

Here is a short video from the History Channel on the attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdamOzrfZI0&eurl=http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1796

Guess who was blamed?

October 27

A London Times article by Daniel McGrory claims that not only did Mohamed Atta meet with an Iraqi agent in Prague, but that “a special FBI team” is studying “a report from Prague that anthrax spores were given to Atta” during the meeting.

The article mentions no sources at all for these stunning allegations, except to refer to some other recent articles in a couple of cases. However, the article does mention former CIA Director James Woolsey, and it seems probable that Woolsey is a force behind the article, since he is in London at the time attempting to find evidence supporting the Prague meeting and Iraqi involvement in the anthrax attacks

Unfortunately it was traced back to a US lab in Fort Detrick...

In August 2002, the FBI names Steven Hatfill, a bioweapons researcher who worked for the US government, as a “person of interest” in the case. Though he undergoes intense scrutiny by the FBI, he is never charged with any crime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭zippy 99

tunaman wrote: »
    October 2 2001

The “anti-terrorism” Patriot Act is introduced in Congress, but is not well received by all. One day later, Senate Majority Leader and future anthrax target Tom Daschle (D) says he doubts the Senate will take up this bill in the one week timetable the administration wants. As head of the Senate, Daschle has great power to block or slow passage of the bill. Attorney General Ashcroft accuses Senate Democrats of dragging their feet.

On October 4, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman and future anthrax target Patrick Leahy (D) accuses the Bush administration of reneging on an agreement on the anti-terrorist bill. Leahy is in a key position to block or slow the bill. Some warn that “lawmakers are overlooking constitutional flaws in their rush to meet the administration’s timetable.” Two days later, Ashcroft complains about “the rather slow pace�over his request for law enforcement powers� Hard feelings remain.

The anthrax letters to Daschle and Leahy are sent out on October 9 and difficulties in passing the Act continue.

A total of four letters containing anthrax are mailed to NBC, the New York Post, and Democratic senators Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy. The letters sent to the senators both contain the words “Death to America, Death to Israel, Allah is Great.” Twenty-three people are infected and five people die. Panic sweeps the nation.

On October 16, the Senate office buildings are shut down, followed by the House of Representatives, after 28 congressional staffers test positive for exposure to anthrax.

Initially it is suspected that either al-Qaeda or Iraq are behind the anthrax letters. However, further investigation leads the US government to conclude that, “everything seems to lean toward a domestic source.… Nothing seems to fit with an overseas terrorist type operation.

Here is a short video from the History Channel on the attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdamOzrfZI0&eurl=http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1796

Guess who was blamed?

October 27

A London Times article by Daniel McGrory claims that not only did Mohamed Atta meet with an Iraqi agent in Prague, but that “a special FBI team” is studying “a report from Prague that anthrax spores were given to Atta” during the meeting.

The article mentions no sources at all for these stunning allegations, except to refer to some other recent articles in a couple of cases. However, the article does mention former CIA Director James Woolsey, and it seems probable that Woolsey is a force behind the article, since he is in London at the time attempting to find evidence supporting the Prague meeting and Iraqi involvement in the anthrax attacks

Unfortunately it was traced back to a US lab in Fort Detrick...

In August 2002, the FBI names Steven Hatfill, a bioweapons researcher who worked for the US government, as a “person of interest” in the case. Though he undergoes intense scrutiny by the FBI, he is never charged with any crime.

Again more evidence.

There are no terrorists, no threats.

The real persons behind this is the very people who we turn to for 'protection'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

tunaman wrote: »

Could it not be possible that the reason he wasn't charged was because he didn't do anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

zippy 99 wrote: »
    Again more evidence.

There are no terrorists, no threats.

The real persons behind this is the very people who we turn to for 'protection'.

So if I have this clear the NWO control the government to such a degree that they need to mail anthrax to Senators to ensure their co-operation.

Consistency is too much to ask from these people?

Diogenes wrote: »
    So if I have this clear the NWO control the government to such a degree that they need to mail anthrax to Senators to ensure their co-operation.

Consistency is too much to ask from these people?

Anthrax of flour?? How do we know.

Its all a scare tactic to reduce plebian freedom.

Anthrax of flour?? How do we know.

Its all a scare tactic to reduce plebian freedom.

Okay bear with me zippy.

You want us to believe that there is a secret NWO government out to, I dunno, enslave us or something. You want us to believe that they have total control over the media, military, security service and government.

Right?

Now if the above is true, why are they forced into crude tactics like sending anthrax through the mail, to get stuff done?

• Advertisement

Okay bear with me zippy.

You want us to believe that there is a secret NWO government out to, I dunno, enslave us or something. You want us to believe that they have total control over the media, military, security service and government.

Right?

Now if the above is true, why are they forced into crude tactics like sending anthrax through the mail, to get stuff done?

We are slaves now. If I dont go to work for a month, im on the street, house reposessed.

As I said its a scare tactic, to justify the laws which have been passed as a result of 'terrorism'. Interesting to check the recent definition of terrorism also.

We are slaves now. If I dont go to work for a month, im on the street, house reposessed.

I'm a little sketchy on this bit. Zippy when exactly was it possible to sit on our asses for a month, and have food shelter and basic necessities met?

As I said its a scare tactic, to justify the laws which have been passed as a result of 'terrorism'. Interesting to check the recent definition of terrorism also.

So if I have this clear 911 wasn't enough fear of terrorism, they had to send anthrax to random people as well?

I'm a little sketchy on this bit. Zippy when exactly was it possible to sit on our asses for a month, and have food shelter and basic necessities met?

So if I have this clear 911 wasn't enough fear of terrorism, they had to send anthrax to random people as well?

Post a bit of anthrax (flour?) here and there, keep terrorism in the media, keep people anxious, pass more laws, and round and round it goes. Same old script.

Life used to be a whole lot less of a rat race i'll say that.

Post a bit of anthrax (flour?) here and there, keep terrorism in the media, keep people anxious, pass more laws, and round and round it goes. Same old script.

And why have these anthrax stopped? Why hasn't there been other cases to keep terrorism on the front page in the six years afterwards?
    Life used to be a whole lot less of a rat race i'll say that.

Would that be before or after the introduction of labour laws, and the 40 hour week?

I'm guessing you're too young to remember just how dire the economic situation was in this country until the last twenty years.

In this century alone a six day working week and 18hr shifts were common place for those lucky enough to have jobs.

And why have these anthrax stopped? Why hasn't there been other cases to keep terrorism on the front page in the six years afterwards?

Plenty of other cases. You very forgetful.

• Advertisement

Plenty of other cases. You very forgetful.

On the mainland US or Abroad?

Perhaps you could expand and elaborate further, who were they trying to get to live in fear and what terror legislation where they trying to push.

And please zippy tell us more about these Halcyon days of milk and honey that I've also forgotten about.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Post a bit of anthrax (flour?) here and there...
    Are you suggesting that anthrax wasn't mailed? That it was just flour?

Have you told this to the relatives of the people who died?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that anthrax wasn't mailed? That it was just flour?

Have you told this to the relatives of the people who died?

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/anthrax/anthrax_espionage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

That link would appear to confirm that it was indeed anthrax which was mailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Not total control, that would be implausible. A large level of control through the trilateral commission, concil on foreign relations, bilderberg group (and possibly masonic influence) utilising the corporate capitalist model (which they themselves have directed and honed eg. rockefeller and rothschild) to develop outcomes in concordance with their long term goals. Enslavement is real - the capitalist system ensures such. Population control is another goal.
    diogenes wrote:

Scaremongering. Fear is a powerful motivator, and has been utilised very widely by the Bush administration in order to further their objectives. Including the laughable 'weapons of mass destruction' lie which led to the invasion and occupation of a sovereign nation.

Well as long as we're throwing around baseless accusations then how do you know it's not conspiracy theorists sending the anthrax and claiming it's all a conspiracy, just to validate their claims of a NWO group? It's the perfect disinformation tactic.

humanji wrote: »
    Well as long as we're throwing around baseless accusations then how do you know it's not conspiracy theorists sending the anthrax and claiming it's all a conspiracy, just to validate their claims of a NWO group? It's the perfect disinformation tactic.

The available evidence doesn't point to it. Also, logically, a conspiracy theorist would not be proving their claims of a NWO group, since they would be carrying out the act themself. Who gains most from the act? A lone conspiracy theorist, or an organisation which seeks to conveniently and pertinently spread fear of terrorist activity in order to further an agenda of control?

Remember the conspiracy adage: follow the money.

But if someone is so adament that a conspiracy is in place, they may go to the lengths of faking it, but in their own mind they see it as validating their beliefs.

And if you follow the money, you'll find a hell of a lot of people who make a hell of a lot of money from conspiracy theories. Money makes people do crazy things, be it conspiring to enslave humanity or misleading people into backing your own agenda. If there is some sor tof NWO putting on a grand masquarade, then why is it so hard to believe that people who you believe to be on your own side would be working at selfish goals?

If you can't trust one side, you can't trust the other.

But if someone is so adament that a conspiracy is in place, they may go to the lengths of faking it, but in their own mind they see it as validating their beliefs.

Possibly, but it wouldn't really validate their beliefs, since they would know that they did it. To convince others perhaps, but such a person would simply be a part of the lies which I don't think would be appealing to a conspiracy theorist. The closest I can think of would be Tim McVeigh, but he was simply retaliating against a government he believed was corrupt and oppressive, rather than trying to convince others that it was so.
    And if you follow the money, you'll find a hell of a lot of people who make a hell of a lot of money from conspiracy theories. Money makes people do crazy things, be it conspiring to enslave humanity or misleading people into backing your own agenda. If there is some sor tof NWO putting on a grand masquarade, then why is it so hard to believe that people who you believe to be on your own side would be working at selfish goals?

If you can't trust one side, you can't trust the other.

I agree that many in the conspiracy side are making a lot of money from it. It's a catch-22 in a lot of ways, however, since to fund full time research and book-writing they must make money to survive. Money is also very nice, and appealing of course. But I use my own judgement in deciding who to trust and who not to trust based on the arguement they put forth. Many mainstream academics also fall into the money-making circuit (and fair play, they should get some recompense for their work). And how much does Clinton charge for a 1 hour lecture? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Kernel wrote: »
    To convince others perhaps, but such a person would simply be a part of the lies which I don't think would be appealing to a conspiracy theorist.

But there's no shortage of evidence of conspiracy theorists doing just that. Killtown's not-frozen frozen-fireball is a case I've referenced recently.

What one finds, however, is that when such a fraud is unveiled, a new conspiracy theory explains it away. Killtown is (apparently and allegedly) a disinfo agent....not a conspiracy theorist willing to falsify evidence to suit his own agenda.

Similarly, Judy Wood was a poster-child until she went a step too far....then she too became a disinfo agent.

There seems to be a lack of willingness to accept that both sides of the debate have every sort of person associated with them - including idiots, those willing to falsify evidence, those willing to make things up, those who don't understand what they're talking about, those who can't keep a civil tongue in their mouth.....everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭tunaman

bonkey wrote: »
    That link would appear to confirm that it was indeed anthrax which was mailed.

Which came from a US military lab, yet those evil arabs were quickly blamed, due to highly suspect evidence and absolutely no proof...

Sound familiar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭tunaman

As per usual you make a statement which is based on something other than the facts...

These so called random people happened to be people in a position of some power, who had the ability to slow or stop the patriot act being passed.

This was an incredibly detailed bill supposedly drawn up within a few weeks after 9/11, which all of a sudden just appeared from nowhere and took away many constitutional rights from Americans all in the so called name of security.

I suppose you think it worked as incredibly the US hasn't been attacked in any way since 9/11, despite the borders being wide open...

Advertisement