Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CPA advice

Options
  • 28-01-2008 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi im currently in my second year IATI and my employer wants me to go on to do CPA,im just wondering what are the main differences between CPA,ACCA & ACA.Im like to know is there any draw backs from doing CPA.Such as internationly and all round?would appreciate your help thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Baby4 wrote: »

OMG! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Baby4 wrote: »

Nope ... I'm CPA qualified and just passed my practice and auditing licence exams!

No real difference between ACA and CPA ... sure a couple of years back they were in discussions to merge the institutes ... think it came down to a disagreement on CPD/CPE requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭da1&only

CPA is well recognised abroad, especially in Australia. I'm doing CPA and think it's a good qualification, but I'm biased

Thats good to know,would like to do a bit of traveling after i qualify.
    Cheers for the help,much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

CPA, ACA and ACCA and IIPA can all potentially sign audit reports if they trained in practice and have two years post qualification experience in practice. CPA and IIPA can only sign Irish audit reports. ACCA and ACA can sign UK, Northern Ireland and Irish audit reports. CIMA is the only organisation where members can never sign audit reports.

CIMA and ACCA are world wide bodies recognised all over the world and with a common exam structure everywhere. You could start your CIMA and ACCA exams in Ireland and finish them in Australia and when you are in Australia you will find an ACCA and CIMA local office. ACA are closely linked with other chartered bodies in the world but they are an Irish body. CPA and IIPA are purely Irish body’s and CPA would have recognition in a number of countries.

The CPA is a perfectly good qualification although they often get confused with American CPAs who are a completely different species. Personally, as a member of ACCA, I would prefer my own qualification because of its international scope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement