Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Advice,

Options
  • 27-01-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I am going to be travling to and from dublin soon and want a gps for it, I dont need bluetooth as i have a Blue t Stereo, dont need mp3 as i have a mp3 stereo but looking for something with good map support around ireland for cheap too as i wont be using it very offen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'd go with the the 250 or 300 Garmin. The 300 has maps of UK and Ireland only, so if you plan on travelling beyond the UK and Ireland, the 250's the way to go. Otherwise, there's not much between them.

Here's a comparison, from Garmin's site. The 300 also has mp3 functionality, but as you said, that's not very useful to you. The 300 has a marginally longer battery life. Just stick the cheque in the post. ;)

I ordered the 250 from pix hopefully i will get v10 maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Even if you don't, you're entitled to the free upgrade. You'll just have to wait for the DVD to be made available..

• Advertisement

arrived this morning came with v9 GRRRR but rang them they said i will get the updated maps once released in feb/march no date set yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,335 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it's any consolation I purchased a 250 from Expansys last week and it also came with V9 but we'll be entitled to the free 2008 (v10) upgrade. I don't believe you have much to worry about though if you spend most of your time in and around Dublin. There hasn't been any major road projects in Dublin since they joined the southern end of the M50 with the N11 so you'll only notice any difference down the country on the likes of the N6. Obviously all that work on the M50 counts as 'roadworks' but it doesn't really constitute a major change as far as mapping is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,335 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

arrived this morning came with v9 GRRRR but rang them they said i will get the updated maps once released in feb/march no date set yet.

You can now order the free 2008 (V10) upgrade DVD, go to the Garmin website...

http://www8.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp

Advertisement