Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maps + objectives

Options
  • 27-01-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi ,
    In new to WoW , and finding a quest places is a pain in the ass ...So is the any add on wich would show places to go ( mark them on the mini map).
    Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

No there isn't. What you can do instead is get a a mod for example Cartographer that will add coordinates to your map, and then you can use a site like Thottbot or Wowhead to look up quests and find out where you need to go or what you need to do to finish them using the coordinates given by users on those sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yes, there is.

Quest Helper

It'll mark where on the map you need to go and also lay out your quests in order of most effiecent. Its pretty awesome actually.

I stand corrected. An impressive mod, I cant imagine how much work it would have required to put it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

i use lightheaded but might give quest helper a go...from what yeur saying looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

yep it works and its brilliant....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

lightheaded and questhelper are great, fantastic addons, that with joanna(sp) got me 1-70 in 10 days(lock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

quest helper is great, really takes the pain out of levelling. on the way to 70 on my 2nd toon now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yes, there is.

Quest Helper

It'll mark where on the map you need to go and also lay out your quests in order of most effiecent. Its pretty awesome actually.

aye tis a good mod alright

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

toxick wrote: »
    lightheaded and questhelper are great, fantastic addons, that with joanna(sp) got me 1-70 in 10 days(lock)

:eek:

ricka05 wrote: »
    :eek:

Im guessing he means played time, and not actually 10 days. If he did, thats pretty damn quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

oh god quest helper where have you been all my life!
    Thank you guys :D no more alt tabbing between throtbot and WoW for me!

It has a few bugs though. Im in HF pen atm. And it dosent list where all the quests are on the map. but generally it is pretty damn good. Lots of other good mods on www.curse.com One i have atm lets me know what loot drops from what instance, and how often how valuable. Cant remember the name of it thought. And cant access the site here in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Id go for Lightheaded and TomTom myself.

All quest waypoints plus wowhead comments and its Ace2 so easy to update.

much muich much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Anti wrote: »
    Im guessing he means played time, and not actually 10 days. If he did, thats pretty damn quick.

ya /played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Holy crap, that has to be one of the most useful addons in the entire history of addons:eek:
    I'd gotten fairly used to switching to throtbot/alakazam to find out the coords, but this makes things so much easier!
    Thanks Jimeatsmenu

Anti wrote: »
    One i have atm lets me know what loot drops from what instance, and how often how valuable. Cant remember the name of it thought. And cant access the site here in work.

Cartographer does that. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Atlas loot too.

Ivan wrote: »
    Atlas loot too.

thats the boyo !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Allakhazam.com is good - but for add-ons, Carbonite is pretty damn good. Carbonite can be gotten from http://wow.Curse.com

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

mobmap is quite handy too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

splinter wrote: »
    mobmap is quite handy too :)

now that's a recommendation - thanks!!!!! :D

:::: ven0mous ::::

Advertisement