Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My site -suggestions welcome

Options
  • 26-01-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,
    just launched a new site selling rugs in Ireland,
    I'd welcome any suggestion, comments or advice on how to improve or change it, any feeback at all would be welcome, thanks,
    www.carpetshop.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,407 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

First impression is that your product photos seem to be very good, but aside from them the site is lacking in design/look and feel. You could and probably should hire a designer to do some work on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Personally I feel you are not selling the product enough on the homepage to generate sales.

There's nothing that draws me in deeper to the website. I'd suggest having either a special offer of some sort of deal such as "free delivery", just to entice people to buy from you.

On the product category pages, there are no call to actions. You need to tell people what you want them to do - so for example - under each product on the listing page have a buy now button or a click here for more information.

Studies show that you need to tell people what you want them to do - even if it sounds so obvious it borders on ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Br7anx

Thanks to you both for comments.

tomeEd, great idea about the call to action on the categories page, you're definitely right there, thanks.
    Trojan, anything specific that you would do?(before hiring a designer:))

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 littlemissbusy

Opinion as a consumer rather then a web designer or ecommerce expert. I love it! The images are so clear, I like the contemporary design of the website, I think it goes with the type of rugs you are selling. Two things I would change are the 'about us' page to find out a little more about the company and the call to buttons are needed.
    good luck, you may have a customer here soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

This might have been better in the "Web Development & Design" forum.

Anyway..

- first impression is that it's nice and clean and simple, I like that.
    - there's a big gap at the top under the logo which i'd reduce a lot.
    - if you click on the top links (FAQ, Delivery, shading etc) the main thing I notice is the inconsistency in the page headings. keep the style the same across all the pages.
    - under shading, you have 2 sub-headers, again try to keep the style the same.

Apart from that I like it a lot. As I said, clean and simple! :)

checked on Firefox 2/WinXP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 GaaTec

I cannot access the site what happened........

Reg.
    Goran
    www.gaatec.com

Advertisement