Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Led Zeppelin

Options
  • 25-01-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Nicky Horne of Planet Rock radio has just stated that he believes that Jimmy Page is going to announce a world tour from Led Zeppelin at an upcoming press conference in Japan....fingers crossed
    Dont shoot the mesenger!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

yawn,
    as much as i like zep, i cant deal with sitting in a crowd full of sheep.
    the amount of people who will jump on this bandwagon will be unreal.
    oh ye and tickets:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We'll know on monday.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

yawn
    another bloated reformation , who cares? were they really that good in the first place?
    CORPORATE WHORES

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

buck65 wrote: »
    yawn
    another bloated reformation , who cares? were they really that good in the first place?
    CORPORATE WHORES

I agree with you, except for one thing - Yes, they really were that good in the first place. Doesn't mean they can still do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Going by the review in MOJO they are still up to it, but then again thats MOJO for you. My Uncle saw them in Knebworth 1979 and said they were class. I'd go watch if the venue/price was right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

kona wrote: »
    yawn,
    as much as i like zep, i cant deal with sitting in a crowd full of sheep.
    the amount of people who will jump on this bandwagon will be unreal.
    oh ye and tickets:D:D

so you wouldnt go to see probably the best band ever play live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭ec18

When is the press conference....Their gig at the o2 got rave reviews up till Stairway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

IMO they aint the best band ever:eek:...........que abuse:Dyes they are a huge influence, but i think their sound has been improved on.

there is a difference between paying extortionate amounts to see the "best" band play live in a field.

OR

Seeing the best LIVE band ever in a arena with full satge show;)

some band may be good, but **** live.
    a mediocre band maybe amazing live.
    id pay to see the mediocre, as im paying to see them, sure i can buy the cd of the great band;)

i cant stand bands just coming on stage and playing, standing still.

has to be mayhem!!!!!
    for example tommy lees spinning drum kit!!!! UNBELIEVABLE, the bloke was playing upside down, then the onstage dncers fireworks etc, he even hands out a bottle of jager and has a titty cam:D:D

beat that led zep, they wont because their fans are too serious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

muincav wrote: »
    Nicky Horne of Planet Rock radio has just stated that he believes that Jimmy Page is going to announce a world tour from Led Zeppelin at an upcoming press conference in Japan....fingers crossed
    Dont shoot the mesenger!:)
    Didn't the lead singer (Ian Ashbury?) of the Cult let this slip recently apropos that they'd be the opening act?

Given all the hype around the Weblmey gig and the fact that Jimmy Paige hasn't been able to play guitar since 1979, I think this is just another exercise in going once more 'round the franchise to ensure everyone's forthcoming pensions are topped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'd love to see the best band ever live. I wouldn't pay to see Led Zeppelin though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Robert Plant has vehemently said no to this though considering his career is still going somewhere.I really hope he sticks to his word because as he said it just wouldn't be the same anyway & it really is just a sham joining in on the reform trend (which is such an indictment of the current music scene) oh & Led Zep are my fave band & I would've killed to see them in the 70s

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Who said they were the best band in the world, your prob about 20 and only start listening to them last year!!!! lol, i could come with a few more bands i would rather go see, i'm not doubting there talent and they do have a few good songs, but band ever, eh no¬!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I remember reading Kerrang at one stage and Page said that the only reason Zep became so famous so fast was because they sold their souls to the devil...apparently 1 week later the money was rolling in....food for thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Feelgood wrote: »
    I remember reading Kerrang at one stage and Page said that the only reason Zep became so famous so fast was because they sold their souls to the devil...apparently 1 week later the money was rolling in....food for thought...

Ya gotta love Kerrang for regurgitating rock lore to the new masses :rolleyes: If you read a good Zeppelin biog you'll see this is all part of a carefully constructed image & colluded with the mysticism the band were fascinated by at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Feelgood wrote: »

I hereby sell my soul to the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

So many Zeppelin threads..
    This seems to be the original, and is the only one not relating to a gig or an album etc.

Jimmy Page Says Previously Unreleased Led Zeppelin Material Will See the Light of Day in 2018
    https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/jimmy-page-says-unreleased-led-zeppelin-material-2018
    Guitarist said that new "product" would be arriving as a celebration of the band's 50th anniversary.

In a new interview with Academy of Achievement, Jimmy Page said "for sure" that new, previously unreleased Led Zeppelin material would be released in 2018, the band's 50th anniversary.

"There'll be Led Zeppelin product coming out, for sure, that people haven't heard, because I'm working on that," the guitarist said in the interview. "Next year will be the 50th year, so there's all manner of surprises coming out."

Of course, Led Zeppelin already reissued their entire studio catalog, starting in 2014. Each deluxe reissue contained numerous previously unreleased outtakes, demos and live recordings. It's unclear as of now whether or not the "product" promised by Page is related to these reissues.

Blabbermouth reported that John Davis, the engineer who worked with Page on the reissues, made a Facebook post back in October that said he had spent the day "mostly mastering Led Zeppelin," though apparently the post has since been deleted.

You can watch Page's full interview with Academy of Achievement above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

Stumbled upon this earlier today.

Advertisement