Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats a good free audio converter?

Options
  • 25-01-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

strange i couldn't find a software forum so in here it goes.
    I dont need very much from this, it just has to be able to convert mp3 to mp3. But;
    it has to be free or with a limitless trial for a time,
    be fast,
    be able to put all the newly converted files back to their source folders & delete the old files,
    retain all tag info.

recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

CDex probably does what ya need.... not sure though.... Another great programme is DBpoweramp, but that's not free....however you do get a 30day free trial I think...

Foobar2000 will do what you need to once you install some plugins...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

EAC coupled with lame

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Cremo wrote: »
    EAC coupled with lame

Haven't used that in a loooong time, but can it convert mp3 files to a lower bitrate mp3 files? thought it only did CD's?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

oh, oops, i should really read all of the original post :o

Cremo wrote: »
    oh, oops, i should really read all of the original post :o

I see..... thought maybe they had added some more functionality.... oh well, EAC does what it does, and does it really really well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement