Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Doctor, looking for a doctor in Drogheda

Options
  • 25-01-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good GP in Drogheda area. I tried Wheaton hall but was(can you believe it) turned away as I am not registered there. Nor am I registered anywhere else. (So much for the HSE's mantra about seeing your doctor regularly and not clogging up the A&E's but that's another story). South side of town preferably. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dathai60

good doctors in fair street,paul neary or dara o neill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭gipi

Can anyone recommend a good GP in Drogheda area. I tried Wheaton hall but was(can you believe it) turned away as I am not registered there.

It's a very busy practice - I only managed to get registered there 3 years ago when I moved to Drogheda because I live in Wheaton Hall! They stopped taking people from outside their immediate area.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

gipi wrote: »
    It's a very busy practice - I only managed to get registered there 3 years ago when I moved to Drogheda because I live in Wheaton Hall! They stopped taking people from outside their immediate area.

Seems to be a shortage of Doctors in the whole area, I'd like to find one that means I don't have to cross the river from south side of town, due to traffic, parking etc. In fact I try to avoid ever crossing the bridges for that reason. Looks like Fair St. is my only option, so I guess I'll have to suffer the traffic and pay for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

What bout Dr Yelverton? Hes up round that way! In Bryanstown i think!
    Most docs are along fair st though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    What bout Dr Yelverton? Hes up round that way! In Bryanstown i think!
    Most docs are along fair st though!!!

Thanks that would be very suitable, I'll look him up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

dr barry is fantastic .... hes down the back of the town centre

Advertisement