Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a puppy from Ireland to the US

Options
  • 25-01-2008 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I will be in Kerry next month and I would like some info on how to bring a puppy from Kerry to the US. I am concerned with what shots and documentation is needed and if a special agency needs to be involved, other that a local veterinarian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

The Department of agriculture in US needs to be contacted as well.
    Annika:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

The dog will need an anti body rabies vaccine. Normally they do this a good while before the dog has to travel so that the dog can be tested a few months later to check for anti bodies. Also they need to be micro chipped. I think you also need a vet check to say the dog is fit to travel. I looked into taking my dog to the States two years ago so there might be a few new things I don't know about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Different countries call for different things....

this might help....

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/entering_us/2bringyourpet.htm#dogs

also you are required to wait for one month after the rabies vac has been adminstered to get a blood test.

But definately contact the america embassey for more details.

Advertisement