Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metadata Question

Options
  • 24-01-2008 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

This is prob very basic to most of you guys but I don't know where to start...

I'm doing a college project at the moment. I'm trying to build a basic document management system.

At the moment all the documents are scanned into a folder on the c drive. Within that folder there are subdirectories such as Invoices, Quotes, Purchase Orders, etc. I'm using IIS Directory Browsing and an ASP File Browser to access the folders and files - which are displayed within the web browser.

The next thing I have to do is setup a small database\xml file with metadata, ie. name of document, type of document, date, owner, etc etc. I need to setup search functionality so that a user can type a keyword into a text box and then metadata is then searched.

My programming skills are basic...so what's the easiest way to do this? Or is there any handy open source tools out there?

Comments

Advertisement